Sunday, February 15, 2009

Gears of War [Personal Review]:


Gears of War(2 DVD disc!) is the coolest game i ever seen. Although the graphic is extreme great, but there are several serious bug annoy number of player out there.

The most attractive me from this game is the camera movement & artistic design. after watched the game play video, i fell in love with it, so until i upgraded my pc to ATI Radeon 9550/X1050 graphic card, P4 CPU 2.4Ghz, 1GB RAM. I knew it is cheap upgrade because my budget is limited:( However, finally I able to give it a try!

My PC system performance should be over the minimum requirement, but still lag in game play, although i adjusted to the lowest visual setting. Sad... Anyway, the other headache problems are:

1.Installation! the problem is not about crack or what... more horrible than that! Well, after the major installation, you may ask to setup a "Windows Installer". Then, again popup to ask you setup the graphic card(for me is ATI Radeon) This is confusing because there are no information to know whether is update(what version?) of those setup? So i may try to finish it. Eventually, i restart my PC & my PC's direct3d is not function any more! All my game cannot run without direct3d! So i uninstall those extra "software" & reinstall my current graphic driver series.

2.Save File! this game mandatory create an account on Window Live to save a checkpoint, although you are playing an offline campaign. It not worth to buy it for who have connection or network problem at home. As someone wrote in the forum, Gears of War is a singleplayer game, why must it compulsory to online save the game? Moreover, save files could be vanish after updated the game! How come so many error?

3.Expired! Gears of War is valid to play only on 2006-2009. This fact confirmed on forum as many people discussed out there. Change your computer clock time back between year 2006-2009 then only you can lunch this game!

3 comments:

Jayren Kwan Hann Yaw said...

Hey , u had been tagged !

Unknown said...

LOL Kin, I know that feeling all too well. I get a shiny new game but I have to set it's visual settings down to nothing and still get lag. There are very few games out there that my PC can run without severely ruining the graphics. Oh well, it's better than never playing them right?

;) Don't worry about that "only good until 2009" BS DRM that microsoft put on the game. Someone already cracked it and I'm sure there is something out there to get around having it save online. You have the real game so why not just download it with all the DRM and online functions ripped out?

What are your PC specs Kin? Is that a core duo or just a penIV? I know a few more games that you could play on your PC as your specs aren't too far off from mine.

Give Shellshock 2 and Fear 2 a try. I've been playing on them games for about a week now.

Xlex-Kin said...

LOL Jacab, Are you SilentBob? thanks for comment mate;)

Anyway, my pc specs is just intel(R) pentium(R)4. Gears of War i had given up to play it lol, so i just play back old game like Left 4 Dead, if is a newer release i will just try on PS2 rather that PC lol.

I hope can play Fallout 3 :P